Friday 14 March 2014

Sunanoo logo

For my Sunanoo logo I made three different variations.

Here is the first.


Just like with the other logos, I started by sticking very closely to the original sketch. I stayed with similar colours as with Mer, but this time I gave the character a slight blur to make her more 'airy' as such. I also added an extra whisp (the red one) to add the red colour which I was planning to have. The font for the logo is Aniron, which I downloaded from www.fantasyfonts.com.
Here what I did was give the font an emboss and drop shadow to highlight it. I also gave a slight emboss to the red whisp, effectively making these two elements the foreground, while the maiden with the blur effect became the background. I like this effect, but I'm not 100% if this would work as a logo.

Here is another version, where I tried to make a more compact logo.


Here I literally extracted the name and the red whisp, using a layer mask to fade out the part of the whisp that wrapped around Sunanoo's waist. I think as a logo is already works a bit better, but I feel a little like the meaning would be lost without the body of the girl. If this logo were used, I would probably recommend this be used in tandem with the fuller version. This compact version could be used on game cases and letterheads, while the full version could be used in presentations and posters.

I had another idea for a compact logo, which is the following.


Here, instead of using the red whisp, I edited the wire path of the tail wave and the colour of the text. This version might be my favourite. I changed the light blue into white and removed the blur, and gave the wave a small drop shadow. I think the contrasting colours work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment